No products in the cart.
- The whole dictionary has been designed for ease of use by students of English. Clear and simple definitions of over 100,000 British and American words and phrases are written using a defining vocabulary of no more than 2500 words.
- Longer entries are introduced by a menu to help you to find the correct meaning fast. Over 80,000 examples show the defined word in a real context which further strengthens students’ understanding.
- Although English has at least 600,000 different words, 90 percent of all the written and spoken language we read and hear are made up from only 7,500 frequent words.
- These 7,500 words are highlighted in red, and treated in more detail, with extra information and examples.
- A practical reference book for the classroom and home, Macmillan English Dictionary helps students with words that are needed for communicating in English, and offers invaluable support for those who want to write and speak accurate and contemporary English.